Project management is defined many ways.
“Project management is the practice of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria at the specified time. The primary challenge of project management is to achieve all of the project goals within the given constraints.” Wikipedia
Have you been tasked as the manager of a major project, referred to as a project manager?
If so, you may not know where to start. A couple things to keep in mind is:
- If you fail to plan, you plan to fail
- Incorporate deadlines and track milestones as they are achieved
While there are more than six steps to achieve success in project management, the components below should serve as a simple guide to get you started.
- Define the Scope/Conception & Initiation
- Identify Resources & Support
- Create a Plan including deadlines
- Follow the Plan & Track Milestones
- Finish the Project Assignment
- Close the Project
If you’re considering using a project management tools, you may want to research to see what tool works best for you. Here is one I found on YouTube to Learn Microsoft Project.
》If you enjoyed the content of this post, please consider following my blog, reblogging, and/or sharing on social media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN, Facebook). By all means, please do not hesitate to comment《