[Why not share this post with a friend or colleague? Go for it.]
Random Acts of Kindness Day
Did you know that, in addition to being my nephew Elijah’s birthday, February 17, is National Random Acts of Kindness Day?!
A random act of kindness (RAoK) is a selfless act of kindness towards someone else.
It’s just nice to be nice. It’s time to take action and DO random acts of kindness
“Make the world a better place by bringing a smile to someone’s face.”
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
- Donate toys and books
- Treat someone to coffee or tea
- Support someone’s growing business
- Send flowers just because
- Support a fundraiser
- Call someone instead of texting
- Volunteer to help an organization
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Smile at everyone you encounter
- Bake cookies for your neighbor
- Leave a generous tip at a restaurant
- Offer to babysit for a parent who “needs a break”
- Give a coworker an encouraging note or note of appreciation
- Find a way to assist those in assisted living
- Provide a meal or food gift card to a homeless person
- Leave extra change in the vending machine
It is clear that life gets busy and we are caught up in the hustle and bustle of our own lives; however, a simple kind gesture can make a huge impact on someone else.
Reasons kindness can make you healthier
According to inc.com, the five top reasons kindness can benefit you is, as follows:
- Kindness fuels energy and esteem;
- Kindness makes you happier;
- Kindness is good for your heart;
- Kindness helps you live longer;
- Kindness plays a role in decreasing anxiety, stress, depression, etc.
BONUS: Kindness releases feel-good hormones.
Kindness is contagious
Your kind gesture will inspire someone else to do the same thing. A simple gesture can go a long way.
I talk a lot about self-care throughout my blog which you can refer to at another time, but in honor of the National Random Act of Kindness Day (February 17, 2020), it is important to highlight simple ideas for selfless acts for someone else.
How will you incorporate acts of kindness?
Share your ideas on social media and include #randomactsofkindness AND #destinyinspiredconsulting
LinkedIn: Bianca LaTrice Calloway