Let’s Talk: The Connection Between Journaling And Happiness
Journal writing (journaling) has been shown to increase happiness, reduce stress and improve relationships. Journaling is the practice of writing or reflecting your thoughts on paper or now there are digital options. It’s about writing our ideas and perceptions of particular results, situations, and people.
Journaling can be a great way to get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper. Writing in a journal helps us express ourselves in ways that are not always easy to do. It enables us to sort through our issues, helps us focus on what is important, and can help us communicate more clearly with those around us. Writing down your feelings helps you to “ ” your anxieties, frustrations, and pains in a journal.
Did you know that journal writing can help you to be more aware of your own emotions and how they affect others? Whoa!
One way to boost your confidence and improve your life is to fill a journal with short, deliberate writings. It is amazing how writing brief sentences or words can be a form of self-therapy.
You can use journal writing as a tool to help you deal with difficult situations or problems.
To find out the benefits of journal writing, just start writing down what you’re feeling and what’s going on in your life right now.
Need some help knowing what to write down in your journal?
Check out a few of my GO-TO journal prompts:
- Describe your perfect day vs your real day
- Write the best dream you’ve ever had
- List 3 of the funniest memories you can recall
- Take 2 minutes to write down everything that comes to mind no matter what it is (regardless of grammar or spelling); JUST WRITE!
- Listen to one of your favorite songs and then spend time writing the emotions you feel and the thoughts you have about that song.
- Write down three things you are grateful for, but don’t forget to include something positive that happened
Don’t overthink it and keep it simple. What other journal prompts would you add to the list? To help you get started, order this fabulous journal online today for Amazon Prime Day.
(Hall, J., Dec. 2017)