HOW MY BRIGHT IDEA TURNED INTO A BIRTHDAY CHARITY EVENT
I am only SIX days away from my 43rd birthday coming up on July 15th. Hooray!!!! So, while I was at work earlier today, I started thinking about creative ways I could celebrate my birthday? I knew I wanted to do something that would make me feel good and help someone at the same time. IN THAT MOMENT, I picked up the phone and called an organization that I became aware of many years ago – Sacramento Crisis Nursery. To date, I have yet to volunteer, but in the meantime, I wanted to do something that would benefit the babies and children who benefit from the nursery’s emergency services.
A BIT ABOUT SACRAMENTO CRISIS NURSERY
According to their website, the Sacramento Children’s Home operates Sacramento’s only Crisis Nursery Program. [Their] mission is to prevent child abuse and neglect by providing support to families at times of crisis. The Sacramento Crisis Nursery Program is a family-strengthening program where parents can bring their children, ages 0-5 for emergency child care or overnight care during stressful or difficult times.
Voluntary, confidential and free
- Care provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Children are cared for in a safe, loving and homelike environment
- Age-appropriate play and learning activities
- Crisis Intervention services and case management support for the family
- Two locations: South Sacramento & North Sacramento
- Care provided to children newborn to five (ages 0-5)
[They] are here if [individuals] need help caring for [their] children for any reason.
- A sudden illness or accident
- Feelings of desperation or helplessness
- Emotional distress or frustration
- Domestic violence
- Drug or alcohol treatment
- A medical or mental health situation
- Employment or housing situation
Children may stay at the Nurseries for up to 30 days.
Each child has his or her own bed and is provided with all the essentials while they are staying at the Nursery, including clothing and shoes, diapers and formula. Nutritious homemade meals and snacks are served family style. Scheduled age-appropriate learning activities, playtime, mealtimes, and bedtime assist in stabilizing the child’s daily experience. The ultimate goal of [the] program is to keep families together and reduce the number of young children that enter into the foster care system.
The Crisis Nursery Program provides FREE emergency childcare for children age 0-5, as well as case management services for families during a crisis.
ABOUT BIANCA LATRICE’s BIRTHDAY CHARITY GIVEBACK
I’ve decided to turn my birthday into a good deed. So, I’m asking friends, family, social media pals, and more to JOIN me in giving back for something so special in the form of charity. Please join me in donating tangible IMMEDIATE NEED items to benefit the Sacramento Crisis Nursery. “One Good Thing Can Change EVERYTHING.”
Once I got the BRIGHT IDEA to celebrate and give back to a charity. I had to think of the best way to collect your donated items (I will list the organization’s immediate need list below).
So, if you would like to participate in my birthday give back and contribute donations,
please stop by
1820 Tribute Road, Suite L, Sacramento, CA 95608 on
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
5 pm to 7 pm
IMMEDIATE NEED DONATION WISH LIST
Immediate needs for the following items:
Note: All items must be NEW, except for gently used clothing for children age 0-5 in our Crisis Nurseries
(or where noted).
- Water shoes (sizes for boys ages 5 and up, and adult sizes)
- Hygiene products (men’s 3-1, body wash, shampoo, stick deodorant, foot powder)
- High chairs, potty chairs, and strollers
- Grocery bags (reusable)
- Art supplies (glitter, paints, and paint brushes)
- Bottled water
- Duffle bags (black or green)
- Children’s toothbrushes (ages 2-5)
- Lice kits, lead kits, and baby proofing items
- Educational toys for preschoolers and toddlers to develop fine and gross motor activities, such as puzzles and large building blocks
- Diapers (all sizes), diaper bags
- Scented diaper waste bags and diaper changing pads (washable)
- Baby wipes
- Pain relievers (Children’s Tylenol, Children’s Advil or Motrin, Acetaminophen 325mg, Ibuprofen 200mg)
- Medical supplies (body temperature thermometers, cough drops, hot/cold ice packs, Pedialyte popsicles, Pedialyte drinks, Gatorade)
- Medical gloves, latex-free (small, medium, and large)
- Hypoallergenic body wash/soap (such as Dove or Aveeno)
- Cream of Nature Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner
- Mattress protectors (twin size, vinyl/waterproof)
- Bike helmets (boys ages 6-10)
- Men’s sweats [no solid red or blue] (sizes small-XL), no-show ankle socks, crew socks, shoes (sizes 6-12)
- Clothing (boys and girls; newborn, toddler 2T-5T, and children’s sizes 10-16)
- Underwear (boys and girls sizes 3T-5T, boys 8-16)
- New books ages K-12
- Towels, washcloths
- Sunscreen (children’s sensitive skin), bug spray (children’s), reusable hot and cold packs
NEED TAX ID INFORMATION?
Did I mention I’ve never done this type of major charitable opportunity event that gave community members the opportunity to GET INVOLVED? So, I don’t know what some of you may need or desire to participate. So, just to cover all basis, if you need the TAX ID Numbers for my business, Destiny Inspired Consulting or the Sacramento Crisis Nursery, please see them noted below.
DESTINY INSPIRED CONSULTING TAX ID #83-2979258
SACRAMENTO CRISIS NURSERY/SACRAMENTO CHILDREN’S HOME TAX ID # 94-1156588
It’s late and my eyes are burning so if I think of anything else, I will post updates here through http://www.biancalatrice.com. To be a charity giveback I thought of earlier today, I think I’m off to a great start if I must say so myself.
RANDOM FINAL NOTE
It’s after 1 am and I’m going to be sleepy at work, but I cannot express just how excited I am for the FIRST OF MANY opportunities to GIVE BACK. Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday by HELPING OTHERS!
If you have any questions, please submit them through the contact forms on this page or email email@example.com with the subject BIRTHDAY CHARITY GIVEBACK
Can you FEEL my birthday excitement???!!!!
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!
If you enjoyed the content of this post, please consider following my blog, reblogging, and/or sharing on social media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook).
By all means, please do not hesitate to comment. Also, be sure to follow Destiny Inspired Consulting on all our social media platforms.
Facebook: Destiny Inspired Consulting by Bianca LaTrice
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to follow this blog, like, comment, and/or sign up for email alerts. Let’s stay connected, ok?